Tadalafil, primarily known as an effective treatment for erectile dysfunction (ED), plays a dual role by also offering relief for the symptoms of an enlarged prostate, known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). This ED medication facilitates increased blood flow to the penis, enabling men to achieve and maintain erections. Simultaneously, it relaxes the smooth muscle in the prostate and bladder, alleviating BPH symptoms like difficulty initiating urine flow, a weak stream, and frequent or urgent urination, even during nighttime.
Tadalafil does not provide protection against sexually transmitted diseases.
How does Tadalafil work?
Tadalafil is a PDE5 inhibitor that works in much the same way as Sildenafil and Vardenafil – by inhibiting the phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) enzyme that is responsible for weak erections. Tadalafil ED Medication only works when there is sufficient sexual stimulation. ED drug relaxes the arteries found in the penis muscles, which causes them to dilate significantly, increasing the flow of blood to the penis.
Is Tadalafil a Safe Medication to Use?
Tadalafil is exceptionally safe to consume. The medication was approved by the FDA, which means that rigorous tests and trials were conducted on many patients to determine its effects and side effects on users.
What are Tadalafil Strengths?
Tadalafil is available in several strengths and dosage options, including the following.
- Tadalafil 2.5mg: A low-dose option often used for daily treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED).
- Tadalafil 5mg: Another low-dose version, also commonly prescribed for daily use to manage ED.
- Tadalafil 10mg: A moderate dosage strength that is taken on an as-needed basis before sexual activity.
- Tadalafil 20mg
- Tadalafil 40mg
- Tadalafil 60mg: This is the highest dosage strength and is used as needed to achieve a stronger and longer-lasting effect
How to Take Tadalafil tablet?
Take 1 tablet 30 minutes before you want to have sex. Do not take more than 1 tablet a day.
What Are the Common Side Effects Associated with Tadalafil?
More common side effects of Tadalafil are listed below.
- stomach discomfort, upset, or pain
Less common side effects of Tadalafil are listed below.
- Bloody nose
- body aches or pain
- burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, “pins and needles”, or tingling feelings
- burning, dry, or itching eyes
- burning feeling in the chest or stomach
- difficulty with moving
- difficulty with swallowing
- dry mouth
- dryness or soreness of the throat
- excessive eye discharge
- eye pain
- feeling of constant movement of self or surroundings
- feeling of warmth, redness of the face, neck, arms and occasionally, upper chest
- lack or loss of strength
- loose stools
- muscle aching, cramping, or stiffness
- neck pain
- pain in the arms or legs
- pain or burning in the throat
- redness, pain, swelling of the eye, eyelid, or inner lining of the eyelid
- reduced sensitivity to touch
- runny or stuffy nose
- sensation of spinning
- sleepiness or unusual drowsiness
- stomach upset
- swelling of the eyelids
- swelling or puffiness of the eyes or face
- swollen joints
- tender, swollen glands in the neck
- tenderness in the stomach area
- trouble with sleeping
- upper stomach pain
- voice changes
- watering of the eyes
What Precautions Should Be Taken When Using Tadalafil?
Precautions that should be taken when using Tadalafil are listed below.
- Inform your doctor about the timing of your last Tadalafil dose, especially if you require emergency medical attention for a heart condition.
- For those using Tadalafil to manage pulmonary arterial hypertension, it’s essential to undergo regular blood and urine tests to monitor potential side effects.
- Avoid taking Cialis or other PDE5 inhibitors like Sildenafil (Revatio or Viagra), vardenafil (Levitra), Avanafil (Avana), and Udenafil (Zudena) alongside Tadalafil for pulmonary arterial hypertension. Given that Cialis also contains Tadalafil, combining these medications may increase the risk of side effects.
- Contact your healthcare provider immediately if you experience an erection lasting more than 4 hours (prolonged erection) or if you have a painful erection lasting over 6 hours. A painful erection necessitates prompt medical attention to prevent potential long-term damage to the penis.
- It’s important to note that Tadalafil, an ED medication, does not provide protection against sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV or AIDS. To safeguard your sexual health, use appropriate protective measures, and consult your doctor if you have any questions.
- Disclose any existing or previous heart problems to your doctor for proper evaluation and guidance.
- Do not use Tadalafil whether you are currently taking Riociguat or nitrate medicines, commonly prescribed for angina (chest pain). Nitrate medications include nitroglycerin, isosorbide, Imdur®, Nitro-Bid®, Nitrostat®, Nitro-Dur®, Transderm Nitro®, Nitrol® Ointment, and Nitrolingual® Spray. It’s also important to avoid combining Tadalafil with some illegal “street” drugs called “poppers,” which may contain nitrates. Ensure that you wait at least 48 hours after your last Tadalafil dose before taking Cialis.
- Refrain from excessive alcohol consumption (e.g., more than five glasses of wine or shots of whiskey) while using Tadalafil, as it can increase the risk of headaches, dizziness, elevate heart rate, or lower blood pressure.
- If you suddenly experience a loss of vision in one or both eyes, contact your doctor without delay.
- Promptly consult your healthcare provider if you encounter a sudden decrease in hearing or a loss of hearing.
- Avoid consuming grapefruit or grapefruit juice while taking ED medication, as it can alter the absorption of Tadalafil in your body.
- Only take other medicines after discussing them with your doctor. This includes both prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) medications, as well as herbal or vitamin supplements.
Tadalafil vs. Sildenafil : How Do They Compare?
Tadalafil gives users the ability to get and keep a strong erection for a much more extended period than Sildenafil. Sildenafil only lasts about four to six hours in the user’s system, while Tadalafil stays for up to 36 hours. Another significant difference between the two is in price, as Tadalafil generic medications are much less expensive.
Tadalafil lasts longer in the blood, has fewer food interactions, milder observed side effects and costs much less. Tadalafil also significantly improves EF among psychogenic ED patients.
What brand and generic ED pills contain Tadalafil?
Cialis is a brand name ED pill containing Tadalafil.
Generic Tadalafil ED medications are listed below.
- Apcalis SX 20mg
- Assurans 20mg
- Eli 20mg
- Erectafil 20mg
- Erectalis 20mg
- Forzest 10mg
- Forzest 20mg
- Megalis 20mg
- Pulmopres 20mg
- Tadacip 20mg
- Tadagra 20mg
- Tadala black 80mg
- Tadalis SX 20mg
- Tadalista 20mg
- Tadarise 20mg
- Tadasoft 20mg
- Tadora 20mg
- Tastylia (Cialis Strips)
- Vidalista 20mg
- V-Tada Super 20mg
Female Tadalafil medications are listed below.
- Female Cialis 20mg
- Femalefil 10mg
- Femalefil Soft 20mg
Tadalafil with Dapoxetine ED pills are listed below.
- Super Tadarise 80mg
- Tadapox 80mg
- Super Vidalista
Tadalafil with Sildenafil citrate ED tablets are listed below.
- Sildalis 120mg
- Sildalist 120mg