Last updated on July 4th, 2021 at 10:14 am
Levitra is used to treat symptoms of erectile dysfunction in adult males over the age of 18 years. It falls into a class of drugs known as PDE-5 (phosphodiesterase type 5) inhibitors. It is the trade name for the drug called Vardenafil, which is commonly known as generic Levitra.
This medication works in a very similar way to the ever-popular Nizagara, Viagra, and Cialis when used to treat male impotence and help those affected by the condition to achieve and maintain strong, healthy, and long-lasting erections so they can engage in satisfying sexual activity. Levitra can also be used for the treatment of other conditions that are not listed here.
How Does Vardenafil Work?
Levitra works by inhibiting the body’s chemicals responsible for constricting the blood vessels in certain areas, such as the sexual organs. It results in the blood vessel walls’ muscles relaxing and dilating to allow more blood to flow through them. When there is an increased blood supply to the penis, it leads to a healthier and more powerful erection.
It’s important to note that for Levitra to work effectively in your system, adequate sexual arousal has to occur. It means that this drug only assists with the achievement and maintenance of an erection, but it isn’t responsible for actually causing one. Without stimulation, the drug cannot be activated in your body.
Pill Dosage And Uses
Your doctor will determine the correct dose for your needs according to various factors such as age, the severity of your condition, etc. It’s vital that you only take Levitra as directed to avoid incurring adverse effects from using the drug.
The standard dose of Levitra is about 10mg taken orally with or without food. The maximum amount you can take within 24 hours is Levitra 20mg. These tablets can be taken as needed about half an hour to an hour before any planned sexual encounters. As soon as sexual stimulation occurs, you will be able to get a firm erection.
Levitra boasts many benefits in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Still, it also comes with a few possible unwanted effects that you need to be aware of before starting this treatment. The side effects listed below can either be mild or severe, and they can be relatively short-lived or long-lasting.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist immediately if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Headache, dizziness, nausea
- Stuffy or runny nose, sinus pain
- Flushing of face and neck
- Back pain, chest pain, jaw pain
- upset stomach, excessive sweating
- Changes in vision, vision loss
- Painful, uncomfortable erection
- Ringing in ears, sudden hearing loss
In addition to these symptoms, if you experience an erection that lasts longer than 4 hours, get emergency medical assistance. It could lead to irreparable damage to your penis and could also prove hazardous to your health.
Viagra Vs. Cialis Vs. Levitra
If you compare these drugs, it’s essential to have at least a basic understanding of how they work. When it comes to determining which of these two medications is better than the other, it all depends on each individual’s different circumstances (and partner).
For instance, is it essential to have a rapid onset of action? Or is a prolonged duration of effect more critical? With this in mind, here are some comparisons between the three most popular ED drugs on the market right now to help you decide which one is the best one for your needs:
- Viagra Or Vardenafil Vs. Sildenafil
- Both Levitra and Viagra are effective in under an hour
- Both drugs remain in the body for about 6-8 hours before leaving the system
- Both medications are safe to use and exhibit the same potential side effects
- Both drugs cost more or less the same
- Both drugs offer generic alternatives (Viagra generic: Sildenafil and Levitra generic: Vardenafil)
- Cialis Or Vardenafil Vs. Tadalafil
- Levitra and Cialis work in a very similar way since they contain identical active ingredients
- The main difference between the two is that Cialis is effective for up to 36 hours
- Cialis can be taken as a low-dose daily treatment, whereas Levitra cannot
How To Make Levitra More Effective
Levitra is a very safe and effective drug that has been used to treat ED symptoms for years successfully, but even with its excellent track record, there are still some ways of taking medicine even more useful. Here are five ways of making Levitra work more effectively in your body:
- Avoid eating fatty or plump meals before taking Levitra to assist faster absorption of the drug
- Start with the lowest effective dose possible and slowly work up to the desired amount
- Check for medicine, food, and drink interactions before you start taking Levitra
- In addition to taking ED medication, also consider a lifestyle change to get better results
- Take Levitra in about an hour before sex to give it sufficient time to work in your body
The Final Verdict
The bottom line is that there isn’t just one effective ED pill on the market right now. There are many different ones to choose from according to your needs and your budget. According to the vast majority of online reviews, Levitra is among the safest, most effective, and most affordable treatments for erectile dysfunction available out there.
If you’ve decided that this is the treatment for you, check the table above to buy Levitra online quickly and safely from a reputable online pharmacy. Our order process is simple, secure, and quick, and we guarantee delivery of high-quality medicines at extremely affordable prices.